Senior Therapeutic Support Worker
£23,500.00 to £25,500.00 per annum (inclusive of sleep in duties and training), 28 days annual leave, and individual tailored pension scheme.
Birribi in collaboration with Youthinc provides a therapeutic approach to Residential care, for children and young people with complex neurodevelopmental conditions, learning disabilities and mental health needs based in Pembrokeshire.
Birribi provides residential Care and education for children and young people aged 8 to 18. Birribi offers a specialist care provision in a safe, structured, stable and warm environment for children in West Wales. Youthinc bring a systemic, attachment based approach to Birribi, where nurturing, consistent, and positive relationships help our children in their development. We share an ethos of early intervention and prevention, aiming to strengthen birth-family and carer relationships. Through joint-working collaboration with social services departments, education authorities and health authorities we aim to ensure that our young people’s needs are met.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- NVQ Level 3 / QCF 3– Working with Children and Young People.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of working with young people in a residential setting.
- Experience of contributing to the development, implementation and review of specific programmes for young people to meet their needs and circumstances.
- Experience of key working.
- Supervisory experience including being able to structure owns and others working days.
- A clean driving licence is desirable.
- Good communication skills is essential.
This position requires an enhanced DBS background check along with other relevant employment checks.
These positions form part of our recruitment phase to service the imminent opening of our latest residential Home.
This role operates on a rolling shift basis, including sleep-in duties and weekend working, averaging 39 hours per week.